January 3, 2010

I'm Up For Anything

"Books make people less alone", i think its true.
Ever since the first day of new year some drastic changes keep occuring around me.

1st Jan 2010
On new year's countdown me and my bestfriend, Aesha counted every second together in the phone before we made a promise to ourselves. Then my brother cooked me some midnight supper. A very decent celebration for the end of a new beginning.
That Friday my parents supposed to 'balik kampung' to Melaka but since it was only for 2 days and both my siblings weren't going so i decided for the first time not to go. It's another step for me to be indenpendant, sort of.
After my parents departed, me and my brother both went to do our stuffs. That stuff was putting up our 'furniture' for our room we bought from Ikea the other day. I had to clean my room first only then i can put up the furniture. When suddenly i smelled something downstairs so i thought my brother must've been heating up the side dish my mom left for us. Only to find that my brother had burned the only side dish for us to eat. we went out for dinner that night, his treat. haha

2nd Jan 2010
For the first time in my life, i cooked rice. Let me repeat that for you, Aesha. Yes, i cooked rice. LOL
It was perfect! except for the part i cooked too much. Beginners mistake. hee
Oh and my brother cooked a side dish but i didn't get the chance to taste it cause he cooked it after i already ate.

3rd Jan 2010
Guess what im wearing? It's shiny, it's purple, it changes my look and it makes me see the world differently.
I got my glasses today. A bit dizzy now, my eyes still trying to adapt with it.

In 3 days so much have changed. it might be small things but it matters to me. Why is 2010 the end of a new beginning? Because it's obviously the last year for being where i am now before taking a step to another side of a new perspectives and surroundings. I'm excited.

'I can never read all the books I want;
I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want?
I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.'
-Sylvia Plath